Saturday, August 16, 2008

Travelling Again. . .

As I looked at the clothes stacked in our suitcases, I thought of my mother-in-law. She always used to say that if I had a nickel for every time I had packed a suitcase. . . Anyhow, we're leaving early in the morning--although thankfully not as early as usual--for a week long conference with coworkers. We'll spend a few days afterward taking care of some minor medical issues while we have the chance.

Please pray for:
  • safe travel
  • good weather
  • health: these conferences are notorious for spreading nasty viruses that we all carry in from our various countries

Also, please pray for peace and stability in this part of the world. I'm sure many have seen the events in Georgia [the country] over the past week. As you can imagine, many of the post-Soviet countries are feeling uneasy and nervous.

No comments: